Massimo Lagrotteriacontemporary painter
Massimo Lagrotteria was born in Lucerna, Switzerland, in 1972.
He studied by himself and today he is living and working in Carpi, near Modena.
ARTIST AND HIS WORK
He is a self-taught artist endowed with a strong technical and intuitive capability, Massimo Lagrotteria arrived on a realistic figurative painting, distinguishing the originality of his style.
Much of his work revolves around two hubs: urban views, often in a dizzying perspective flight, and human figures, in which the fixity of looks highlights an ancient romanticism.
His artwork spoke the language of contemporaneity but with a strong classic origin. The technique itself is a study and a fascinating work which supports preparation, where poor materials like paper mixed with cloth, jute and etched iron enhance, emphasizing prospective cuts and strokes of lights, his exclusive oil painting.
The result is an original stratified surface granting the representation of his subjects.
MAIN EXHIBIOTIONS AND AWARDS
- “L’incantesimo del Caos moderno”, Spazio Anna Breda, Padova
- “Massimo Lagrotteria”, exhibiotions space in La Rinascente, with the collaboration of the Comune di Padova
- “Massimo Lagrotteria”, Galleria Alba d’Arte, Brescia
- “Massimo Lagrotteria”, Palazzo Foresti, Carpi.
- “Massimo Lagrotteria”, Galleria de’ Bonis, Reggio Emilia
- “Massimo Lagrotteria”, Galleria de’ Bonis, Padova
Biennale di Arte Contemporanea città di Roma